Community Outreach Coordinator
Internship opportunity for an individual working towards a bachelor’s degree in a Social Sciences field such as Sociology, Social Work or Psychology. We are searching for a talented and professional Community Outreach Coordinator to engage and educate the community about our organization and its goals. Working with the Community Outreach Leadership team you will represent the organization and work to develop and implement initiatives that increase company visibility within the surrounding community of Durham Region and Clarington.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to inspire positive change. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player.
Responsibilities May Include
• Primary point of contact and organizer of volunteers for the organization
• Maintain a calendar of team meetings, outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
• Seek out opportunities for mutually beneficial joint partnerships with organizations and individuals within the local communities throughout Ontario.
• Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
• Perform donor prospecting calls, oversee online donor management system, and maintain a database of current and potential supporters.
• Create a donor welcome package.
• Manage email, newsletter, website, and social media accounts.
• Setup project management system, schedule campaign goals manage timelines and prepare an annual budget for community events and outreach initiatives.
• Create a stewardship matrix, keep accurate records, and prepare monthly fundraising reports and plans.
• Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
• Working towards a bachelor’s degree in a Social Sciences field such as Sociology, Social Work or Psychology.
• Background or diploma in communications, marketing, business, or related fields.
• Preferred experience of 3-5years within a non-profit, supporting fundraising, social justice, and outreach activities.
• Outstanding organizational, communication and presentation skills.
• Creative writer, innovative and self-directed learner with excellent research skills.
• Personable, enthusiastic, and positive attitude towards continuous learning and growth.
• Knowledgeable in word press, social media and other basic marketing platforms and tools.
• Strong proficiency with MS word, excel and various other software programs.
• Project management skills and experience with report preparation.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of Rituals for Recovery’s Vision and Mission, operate in a collaborative team setting, and maintain high ethical standards and quality of work. This is a remote part-time position that will commence August 4th, 2020. Occasional travel will be required. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer an hourly rate, performance-based remuneration and compensation options are negotiable. Duration of employment is up to one year with an initial 3-month probationary period. If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of
Amanda Willett, Director
Rituals for Recovery
123 Fred Jackman Ave.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.