Marketing & Communication’s Internship
If you are a creative with strong writing and marketing skills along with an interest in mental health, advertising and community engagement than this position is for you!
Rituals for Recovery is a grassroots nonprofit corporation in Ontario established with the primary goal of ending human suffering through trauma relief support, holistic care, therapy, healing arts, education, and training. We are committed to providing a healing space for our community to achieve a life of wellness and wholeness, helping survivors heal from intergenerational trauma~ and stop the cycle of transmission!
The Marketing & Communications Intern will report to the Executive Director.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications intern to research, write and publish various types of communications pieces for our company’s web pages including blog posts, articles, E-books, newsletter, and social media posts. You will be required to create, advertise, and maintain a three-month content calendar promoting our organization, team, services, initiatives, and campaigns. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with digital publishing, SEO, social media platforms, running ads, generating traffic and leads for new business. If you have any, please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles, marketing campaigns or videos) along with your application. Ultimately, you will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information about our organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research industry-related topics, influencers, and brand ambassadors in the areas of (mental health, trauma and holistic healing)
- Generate brand awareness through shared publications
- Produce a template for our monthly newsletter(s) set-up, manage and build email list
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our services, staff and activities.
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify community needs and recommend new topics
- Coordinate with RFR team to create, collect, and distribute and blog articles
- Measure web traffic to content (e.g., conversion and bounce rates)
- Update our websites as needed
- Create scheduled content to ensure RFR has key market/consistent messaging.
Benefits of Volunteering with RFR
- Contribute to helping humanity recover: Connect communities with innovative products, tools and services that provide trauma relief and resolution on a global scale.
- Create social impact: Be a Voice Not an Echo; empowering the conversation of proactive complex trauma prevention. Through mental health education, we are actively seeking to end stigma, create social change, heal intergenerational trauma, reduce ACES and break the cycle and transmission of trauma.
- Magnify your personal and professional growth: Whether you are a recent grad, mid-career or experienced professional, you’ll receive unique opportunities to boost your CV and build transferable skills, such as communications, project management, research and more.
- Be part of a network: We are building a group of volunteers, experts, service providers and social leaders equipped to bring hope and healing to the communities in which they work and live.
- Receive a complimentary one month all access pass to the Healing Arts Institute.
The ideal candidate is currently enrolled or a recent graduate of Marketing, English Journalism, or another relevant field with proven work experience in marketing, content creation, social media, and publication with a portfolio of published pieces.
You Possess the following Skills, Attributes and Characteristics
- A high degree of personal initiative along with strong work ethic, planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Broad communication capabilities, strong copy-editing skills in English,
ability to write direct, compelling marketing content
- Tech fluency and familiarity with SEO, WordPress, Microsoft Suite and various other software programs.
- Experience working with Mailchimp, Aweber, CRM mass emailer tools and comfortable reading and reporting on statistics and performance.
- Working knowledge of SLACK, Google Drive and project management software and tools.
- Skilled in ad campaigns and utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to share publications and generate brand awareness.
- Online savvy- comfort and interest in learning different software and online programs.
- The ability to manage your own projects and deadlines as well as facilitate collaboration across the team.
- Confident public speaker
- Flexible, Analytical thinker and problem solver
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of Rituals for Recovery’s Vision and Mission, operate in a collaborative team setting, and maintain high ethical standards and quality of work. This is a remote part-time position requiring approximately 15 hours/month or 3-5 hours a week time commitment. Occasional travel may be required. The duration of this internship is 3 months and will commence on January 18th, 2020. You will receive a paid honorarium at the end of the term, with a possibility of extension.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your CV via email to email@example.com to the attention of,
Chenai Kadungure, Director of Strategic Programs
Rituals for Recovery
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Indigenous people, women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and people with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.