Volunteer Opportunities (positions with honorarium)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as an ambassador of the “RISING STRONG” Project in your community.
- Represent the division Help Her Recover Trauma Relief for the Community
- Embrace the Rituals for Recovery core values, mission, and vision.
- Identify and develop a network of social service, personal support, healthcare, and outreach organizations to partner with.
- Reach out to local press and municipal leaders within the community for support.
- Manage area specific email inquiries from interested supporters, individuals and companies wanting to nominate a receiver within the local community.
- Contribute to the various community events and fundraisers throughout the year.
- Attend a monthly team meeting with the Community Outreach Coordinator tracking the campaign progress in your area.
- Continuously evaluate and report on the results of campaigns to the Community Outreach Coordinator and implement improvements where necessary.
- Assist Community Outreach Coordinator in recruiting and managing a committee of volunteers in your area to assist in various duties as needed
- Interested in issues related to complex trauma, holistic health, and women’s recovery with a desire to give back to your community.
- Ability to recruit and manage a team of volunteers through a committee format or otherwise.
- Not for Profit, fundraising and event planning experience a definite asset.
- Personable with excellent communication skills –The Campaign Ambassador is expected to respond to inquiries from community members, coordinate details with the Community Outreach Coordinator, organizational staff, work with other local volunteers, corporate and community groups, reach out to local press and community leaders and potentially solicit donations from local businesses.
- Strong proficiency with MS word, excel and various other software programs (specifically Google based applications), comfortable communicating via email and connecting through social media platforms.
- Project management skills and experience with report preparation, creating, managing, and tracking budgets and expenses.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
The duration of employment is one year with an initial 3-month probationary period. During the contract phase you will be expected to organize a minimum of two campaigns in your community with the choice to participate in other activities as desired throughout the year. You will need to dedicate 5-10 hours a week during the campaign period from March to November. Monthly team meetings are mandatory. Occasional travel will be required. At the end of each campaign quarter you will be paid an honorarium. Interviews will be conducted through video conference. The remote volunteer positions will commence August 18th, 2020
Benefits of Volunteering:
Utilize your professional skills and play an active role in contributing to the greater good, supporting survivors in your community. Help women impacted by complex trauma, build valuable skills that are transferable, develop leadership skills and gain experience in the not for profit sector. A letter of reference may be provided if requested at the end of the contract.
Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the following areas.
Campaign Ambassador Durham Region
Campaign Ambassador Kawartha Lakes
Campaign Ambassador Ottawa Region
Campaign Ambassador York Region
Campaign Ambassador Peel Region
Campaign Ambassador GTA
Campaign Ambassador Halton Region
Campaign Ambassador Niagara Region
Campaign Ambassador London Region
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your CV along with references via email to email@example.com to the attention of,
Amanda Willett, Director
Rituals for Recovery
123 Fred Jackman Ave.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.