RfR in the Community
Trauma Responsive Communities is Rituals for Recovery’s comprehensive model for rebuilding communities by restoring relationships, providing trauma responsive training and prevention and intervention services to marginalized groups in targeted neighbourhoods.
The system will be characterized by stabilization, safety from physical harm and re-traumatization; an understanding of clients and their symptoms in the context of their life experiences and history, cultures, and their society; open and genuine collaboration between provider and consumer at all phases of service delivery including the co-creation of a holistic recovery plan; an emphasis on capacity building, overall wellbeing and acquisition rather than symptom management; an understanding of trauma responses as attempts to cope; a community mobilizing model that is grounded in the ideal that community members are the experts when it comes to identifying and addressing what issues are affecting them most.
The main components of TRC will include,
- Rituals for Recovery Mobile Care Clinics
- RfR Help Line
- Leadership, Recovery, Prevention, Intervention and Trauma Resolution services for marginalized groups
- Community Healing Arts Institutes & Trauma Resource Centers.
- Trauma Responsive Mind Body Wellness & SEL Educational workshops and leadership training for social service agencies, hospitals, emergency responders, and service providers.
- Awareness and response training for site faculty and staff.
- Prevention and trauma responsive framework implementation, protocol, and policy development.
Does this sound like something your community could use ? If your a non-profit organization, investor or funder, RfR would love to explore ways we can work together.