Our Privacy Commitment to You
Rituals for Recovery is committed to keeping your personal information accurate, confidential, secure, and private. When you visit our website, contact us, participate in one of our programs programs, attend an event or make a donation to support our activities, we are committed to protecting your privacy rights and your personal information.
Rituals for Recovery Privacy Principles
The Rituals for Recovery Privacy Officer Responsibilities include,
•Documentation of uses of personal information
•Training employees in correct practices
•Reporting and dispute resolution
2. Identifying Purposes - Rituals for Recovery will provide a statement to explain the purpose(s) for the collection of your personal information wherever possible before we ask you to disclose it. We collect personal data when you make use of or register for our programs and services, to better meet your program, service and information needs.
We also use and disclose data, which does not identify individuals, for statistical purposes to assess, develop and improve the Rituals for Recovery programs and services. We also collect personal information to refer you to enhanced services, or to satisfy legal, government and regulatory obligations. We do not sell personal information we collect. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else without your prior knowledge or consent, except when required by a government body or agency, or as permitted by law. If you supply us with your contact information, you may hear from us about important information concerning the Rituals for Recovery program or service for which you are registered. You may also hear from us about other Rituals for Recovery programs and services that may interest and benefit you or we may ask you for feedback about the services you have already received as part of our quality assurance commitment. If you do not wish to receive information about other Rituals for Recovery programs, services, or opportunities, please call (289) 210-1258.
Using our Website
You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. Any personal information that site visitors voluntarily choose to provide in order to receive free electronic newsletters, participate in periodic polls and surveys and/or to complete any of our online application forms IS NOT shared with third parties unless stated otherwise. This will ensure all personal information is secured and remains confidential.
Links on our Website
Because Rituals for Recovery wants your website experience to be informational and resourceful, our Website also provides several links to third party sites.
3. Consent & Disclosure -The only personal information that Rituals for Recovery collects iswith your knowledge and consent. You can choose not to disclose any personalinformation we may ask you to provide. However, a decision to withhold some personal information can result in our inability to provide you with our services. Further, you can withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal informationat any time, subject to any legal requirements and reasonable notice.
4. Limiting Collection - The amount and type of information that the Rituals for Recoverycollects is limited only to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified. Rituals for Recovery will ask for the information it requires directly from the individual. Personal information will be collected using procedures which are fair, transparent, and lawful.You can choose to disclose as much or as little personal information as you arecomfortable with. As noted in Principle 3, a decision to withhold some personal information can prevent us from providing you with our services.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - Rituals for Recovery will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected. Your information will not be disclosed without your knowledge and consent, unless permitted or required by law.Your personal information will be retained only if necessary, to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and in compliance with any laws surrounding information retention. If all identified purposes for the use of your personal information have been exhausted, we will destroy the information or render it unidentifiable.
6. Accuracy - To ensure the reliable delivery of services and information, your personalinformation will be kept accurate, complete, and up to date. We assume that theinformation that you provide to us is accurate. If at any time your personal informationchanges, we hope to be informed of it immediately. If you contact us with a request, wewill take appropriate steps to update or correct the personal information in ourpossession that you have previously provided to us.
7. Safeguards - Rituals for Recovery employs several safeguards to protect your personalinformation against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use,or modification. Such safeguards include physical measures, for example locked filing cabinets, restricted access to offices, and limiting access on a “need to know” basis, useof passwords and encryption. Procedures for implementing these measures are communicated to all employees to ensure compliance with this principle.
9. Individual Access - Upon request, we will inform you if we hold any personal informationabout you and provide you with access to this information. If we have any personalinformation about you, we will also tell you for what purposes it is used for, if applicable.You have a right to update any personal information that we hold on you. Should youwish to see the full contents of your information that is on file, you must make a formalwritten request and mail or email it to:
Amanda Willett, Interim Director Privacy Officer Rituals for Recovery, Mailing Address: 84 Valley Rd. Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0,
Email: email@example.com We will respond to you within thirty (30) days after receipt of your written request or will notify you if a longer period is required by us to fully address your request, provided that an extension of thirty (30) day period is permitted by applicable privacy laws.
10. Challenging Compliance
Amanda Willett, Interim Director Privacy Officer Rituals for Recovery, Mailing Address: 84 Valley Rd. Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0, Phone: (289) 210-1258; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.